4.07.2008

I woke up with the worst Charlie Horse (long)

Sunday morning, I awoke just before New Haven, CT on the train back from NYC. My right leg was cramped and it took me forever to get the Charlie horse out. I laid back down for a moment before the last stop. I had fallen asleep before the train had even left Grand Central.

Friday:

Work was uneventful but slow. After work, I picked up Joey Sky and we ran some errands, which for the life of me I can't remember what they were. I know we were supposed to go grocery shopping, but instead we decided to hit a movie. Actually, I decided to and took Joey Sky along with me. When we got home I got a text from my friend Dave who said he was dedicating his radio show to me that night. So I got the address and tuned in. He played a few Elvenking and Type O Negative for me. During the night, when he would speak, I would text in my thoughts and usually he would read them. It was quite nice and very comical.

Saturday:

Ugh, Saturday came way too early. I got up around 11 and I wanted to get Joey Sky to my aunts for lunch as his other cousins were coming. That didn't happen. I got him there right around 3 and I had to be at Maija's wedding at 3:30. Of course I was a little late for that.

I stuck around until they announced the wedding party and then took off. I really should have left around 4:30-5, but left around 5:15. I got to New Haven's Union Station around 6, but missed the train to NYC by just a few minutes... So I had to wait until almost 7.

When I got to NYC, I was lucky enough to get a cab right out of Grand Central, but he had no idea where in the hell he was going. So I just had him let me out at Times Square. Now, for as much as I've been to NYC, I've never been to Times Square. So I walked around for a little bit before I asked someone who told me the Nokia Theater was actually in the MTV Building. Ah.

So I walked back about 2 blocks and found it. Cool. Got my passes and got in just after Into Eternity was done, as it was about 8:45. I was a little pissed as I thought the doors were at 8, show at 9, but no. Show at 8. *Sigh* So I hung out with the guys for a while, and then ran into Christina, Anne Marie, Milton and a few other PPers. It was a blast.

I chatted with Tim for a while and we were talking about ProgPower. He was talking about the story when I was in the hall and he came over to me and said, "Hey are you MetalRose?" And I said yeah. He then laughed and said that at ProgPower I was more famous than he was. As if I didn't have a big enough ego, but it is funny when I turned to ask someone who he was and they told me!

After Symphony X got off stage, I went back to IE's dressing room to hang out. I walked in and Russ from SX was standing there chatting with Steve. My mouth dropped and I don't really recall how or why, but Russ asked me back to their green room to hang out. I think it had to do with being silly as to why I left IE's dressing room. (But then again after a couple of Long Island Ice Tea's, Jager and got knows what else my memory is a little hazy.)

After a few minutes of hanging out with SX, I wanted to say goodbye to IE (and wanted to grab a shirt for Joey Sky), I wasn't able to leave the dressing room. Even though I had a VIP pass, I had to have someone with a laminate to let me out. What? That made no sense to me. Since I didn't know the guys in SX well enough, I didn't want to ask to have them let me out.

I felt horrible for not getting to say goodbye to Into Eternity. By the time they kicked us all out of the green room, IE were gone. I felt like the worlds biggest asshole about it too. Here I came down to NYC to hang out with them, they fed me beer and gave me a pass and I ditched them. Well not really. I just couldn't leave the room I was in, literally. So when I get home, I'll be emailing them. I really did feel like a heel.

After we went outside, Christina and I ran into Mark from Epica. We chatted with him for a while. Since I had some booze in me, I became totally pompous. My dear Christina tried to get me to shut up... and I ignored her. I just sent her a text and told her next time to kick me in the ass or something. Anyway he was a cool guy and it was interesting to hear what he thought the difference in the US and other places are.

Then Ariƫn from Epica came out and started chatting with us. He said that he once had a fan freak out because he used to be in a Satanic band. I told him while that was evil, it wasn't as evil as me. So we discussed what would make him more evil. He asked if he brought me a goat head if that would be evil. I told him, no. He needs to find a NYC rat, set it on fire and then throw it in front of a subway train. That would be evil. He asked how to find a NYC rat and Christina told him that they were *this big*, holding her hands about a foot apart.

After Epica left, Christina and I walked back to her car and she dropped me off at Grand Central. It was a little after 2 am and the station was closed until 5:15. So I got back on the Subway and went back into Times Square. While in the Sub station, I had a couple of kids following me. They seemed harmless, but I got on the train in another spot and got out and ditched them.

About an hour before the station opened, I went back to Grand Central and sat inside the door and waited for a while. Usually there are tons of people walking around and waiting outside. For some reason, not that night.

Finally the doors opened and I was able to get on the train. I found a place in the back with enough room to lie down and fell asleep even before we were out of the station.

Sunday:

I awoke just before New Haven, CT. My right leg was cramped and it took me forever to get the Charlie horse out. I was happy we were only a couple of stops before my final stop to New Haven.

Since I had my coupons and grocery bags in the car, I decided before I picked up Joey Sky, I'd hit the grocery store. I had them put all the cold foods in one bag and then I was off.

When Joey Sky got in the car, I told him I had a gift for him and handed him a signed drumstick from Into Eternity. His favorite band and the ONLY band he loves and doesn't have a drum stick for.

Then we went home, unloaded groceries a little bit- well the cold foods and about 1 pm, I decided I couldn't stay awake anymore. I got up around 7, made sure Joey Sky got in the shower and had his lunch for Monday. Then went back to sleep at 8:30.

What the hell is wrong with me? I used to be able to do that for at least a week straight... *sigh* I must be getting old.

-MetalRose

Edit: So Christina sends me a text message back saying, "I didn't know you were drunk! I thought you were super funny. Mark looked like he didn't know what hit him. He had this look on his face like, PWND!"

No comments: