5.13.2008

Giving Notice.

Monday at work I turned in my notice. I decided to finish at the end of the month. That way I can get paid for memorial day instead of taking the day off. Besides for as crappy as the company has been to me, my supervisor has been cool as hell... and he'd be down to many people that week. And paywise it just makes sense.

He did seem a little suprised when I handed my notice and I've been slowly telling people at work. It's kind of sad when everyone I've told has said, "You're better off." or something that effect.

Today I had to take the annual survey. The questions in it were as such:

After each question was a section you could check : Strongly Disagree, Disagree, No Opinion, Agree, Strongly agree.

I understand the goals of my department:

The Company is doing enough to keep talented employees:

There is a good work/ home life balance:

Yeah, can you tell what I put for the last ones?

Now I should be careful, as I don't want to bad mouth my (soon to be) former employeer and burn bridges, but right now I'm frustrated. And from the sound of things, everyone that I've told feels the same way.

Regardless, I'm excited. My desk is cleared off and my filing cabinet is bare. The only thing left is my iPod speakers, a pen, a pad of paper and my pictures... just so it doesn't look totally bare.

I'm looking forward to a new chapter in life.

The sad thing is: The guy I was dating over the winter works not too far from where I will be working. I kind of miss his company and talking with him... but not so much that I can't function. I guess what I'm saying is if he happened into my life again, I wouldn't be opposed. But I'm not going to go out seeking him either. A gal friend of mine thinks I should call him and tell him I'll be in the area... And according to him that's the only reason we broke up - because we are so far.

But I don't know if I want to call him. I didn't apply for this job because it was close to him, I applied because it was something I wanted to do. And in all honesty, I never even thought I'd get a call as I don't have much experience working in this new industry. (Yes, I'm leaving insurance!)

It was also made clear that I am not going anywhere with my current employeer- for reasons I'll get into later perhaps.

I figure if it was meant to be, I'll run into him again. And if I don't see him, I won't be devistated.

I guess I'm thinking how ironic life is sometimes.

Thank you, life, I understand you too have a sense of humor.

-MetalRose

No comments: