5.23.2008

Finally Legal

Since I've started working, I've never taken more than a day or two off here and there. Never a full week, ever. Since I had a few days left as vacation time, I took yesterday, today and tomorrow off. Which isn't a lot of time, but then there's the weekend and Monday is a paid holiday off. So I don't go back to work until Tuesday. Although I've had a ton of stuff to do.

Yesterday I wasn't feeling well and ended up spending most of the time here making a few phone calls and doing some sewing. (I bought this really kick ass book- 108 things to do with a tee-shirt. So I've been making gauntlets, cuffs and fixing some old shirts I had!) Today, I walked Joey Sky down to the bus stop, then my body told me to go back to sleep. Who am I to argue?

I got up around 11, showered, then went to get my emissions tested on my car. They told me I didn't need an appointment, so I went in and they were booked for about a half hour. So I went to CVS where I witnessed the back end of some scammer *almost* getting away with $40 in merchandise.

Suprisingly, my car passed emissions! So with my title, insurance and the emissions test, I made my way to the DMV. I know that the DMV is a pain and usually has long lines, but dammit. I got there and I got number 115. When I looked at the sign, they were on 74. *sigh*

For some reason 76 took for fucking ever. That number alone was displayed on the screen for a good 30 minutes. By the time 77 rolled around, I had already been there an hour and a half. Luckily, after that, it went much faster. For my 10 minute transaction I was there for 4 hours. The thing that pissed me off to is that nowhere does it say that the DMV only takes cash or check so when I handed the woman my credit card she told me to get cash. Luckily, I was smart enough to grab my check book.

Anyway, it feels good to have CT plates on my car. My registration expired in April 2007 and I've been freaking out every time a police officer is behind me. I knew I was the luckiest person alive (I guess out of state expired registration is about a $600 ticket!), but it was always something holding me back: no insurance, no money, no time, or a combination of all of the above.

Let me just say what a HUGE weight off my shoulders that is. It was great going in there everything they asked for I had.

Title? BAM!

CT drivers license? CHECK

CT Insurance? BINGO

Emissions test? PASS

Atm machine over there... CHECK BOOK ACTIVATE!

Especially now that I have a new job, what a HUGE relief that I don't have to deal with that anymore. Although I think I need a new battery in my car. *Sigh* Oh well.

Tomorrow- have to deal with morning daycare.... but if I don't get it squared away, my awesome 2nd floor neighbors have agreed to help out for a short period of time. I don't want to wait too long, but if I don't have it perfectly in place tomorrow, I won't stress.

With that, goodnight.

-MetalRose

1 comment:

David said...

I think I read somewhere that the DMV and inspection stations are coming up as the vacation hotspots of tomorrow... you lil' trendsetter, you.