7.26.2008

Overtime Rules

Friday night, I took off down to NYC. Got a text message from this kid (22year old) I hung out with ONCE. Here's the back story:

We hung out once, we drank beer and played Guitar Hero. He tried to get me to give him a blow job, but unless you're a rockstar, not on first meeting there Sparky. Basically all week he's been texting me for a booty call. While there is a part of me that would seriously fuck his brains out. He's way too desparate and playing too many games. And although he's got a killer body, he's not that hot and while he expects a blow job, he said he won't return the favor.

We talked about getting together on Monday night and he blows me off. He texted me on Tuesday and I told him I had a friend over and he told me to text him later if I wanted to get together. Um, what part of my text did he not understand??

Anyway, last weekend when we were hanging out, we had plans to get together tonight as I told him I was heading to NYC last night. So what does he do? He sends me a text message last night asking what I'm doing. Dude, I'm in NYC and I told you that. Then he sends me a text message, "Oh well I'll guess I'll do something else." Yes, please do. I'm not at your beck and call. Then I get another text message, "Why didn't you text me the other night?" I responded with, "I'm out."

Alright Grasshopper, enough. 1. You blew me off first, and didn't have the respect to text me when you couldn't make it. 2. I told you I had a friend over and I wasn't going to text you. 3. You're not my boyfriend 4. You're too desparate. I don't find desperation sexy. 4. I don't play games. 5. You expect me to go down on you, but won't return the favor? 6. Your choice in music sucks. Need more reasons? Bye-bye.

So anyway, last night in NYC was a blast. I got a chance to see Saints of Pain play and met a ton of cool people and run into some old friends. Hung went on late and after one song I had to bail which really sucked. Their sound last time I saw them was terrible and they sounded a hell of a lot better last night, but I have to work this weekend.

On the train home, I feel asleep as I knew I was going to get home very late, well early in the am. I kept my ear open for all the stops along the way, but missed the New Haven (end of line) announcement. I hear this loud, "EXCUSE ME! We're in New Haven..." Some random guy on the train took it upon himself to wake me... which I found kind of funny.

We've got a big project roll out and I offered my time. Lately, I've been admitting what a geek I am. I used to try and deny it, but I am. I called in at 11 am as directed in order to get the offical start time for the project. I rolled into the office at about 12:45 as directed... It was nice that I didn't have to work at 8 am.

So I spent all day comparing spreadsheets and databases and logging pass/fail codes from a sampling of account numbers. For the most part, there were only a few little bumps in the road. I really enjoyed doing it and being a part of it... and having that extra overtime doesn't hurt in the least either.

Tomorrow, back to the same thing. The project goes live tonight after all our checking, and tomorrow we spend about 10 hours making everything went smooth and we'll be back to checking data again.

The geek in me is looking forward to helping out again.

So that's life lately.

-Metal

1 comment:

David said...

Ha this one really has it all, don't it? Sex, Rock and Roll... and Office Projects?