7.13.2008

Disappointed

I joined a gym back in March/April with the goal of going twice a week. So far I've only missed on week- two work outs. This is because my upstairs neighbors are watching Joey Sky and I don't want to take advantage of that. However I'll be working out damn near every day when he's in Minnesota.

But I'm frustrated as I had two goals when I started working out, the main one was to quit smoking. I wanted to have a good six months under my belt before ProgPower so that my will power would be strong. I've always started smoking at ProgPower. I failed at that.

The second was to lose some weight or tone up. My clothes aren't fitting any better, in fact, they are tighter. A few years ago, I had a border line issue with my thyroid, so I think I'm going to have that checked again...

But in the last few weeks, I've been toying with the idea of training for a marathon. I know it's going to kick my ass, but I really need something for that extra kick to help me accomplish the short term goals. I kind of realized that the short term goals are easier to brush off if I don't have a long term goal...

And now that things are kind of settled down in life- job, home, etc I have to set something else to accomplish or I feel like I'm drifting along.

So over the next few weeks, I'll be researching marathons and how the runners train. I'll also see how much it is to register for a run and other such things.

Interestingly enough, I'm setting a goal for something that I never liked doing- running. My biological father used to run religiously and I hated when he signed us up for the "fun runs"... but aside from biking or swimming, I think this would be the best way for me to "kill two birds with one stone" and reach my short term goals all while striving for the long term.

-Metal

No comments: