11.10.2008

Gay Bars, Goth Clubs and Foot massages.

Friday night Bullets and I had plans to head to New Haven on Friday for a Goth Night at a club called Partners.

I left the planning up to Bullets, and when I searched for clubs in New Haven, the only one I found with a Goth Night had Gay Nights on Fridays. I wanted to make sure we were hitting the right market.

Those of you who know me know I don't care one way or the other the type of crowd at a bar or their sexual orientation. So Friday night rolls around and I put on my Gothic best, right down to my trademarked false eyelashes. I felt a little fat as my hip that I smashed at work is STILL swollen beyond belief.

Anyway we find the club and I walk in and my old co-worker Peter was there. He was drinking a Shirley Temple. He relayed that the bartender gave him an odd look, but he said, "Look I'm standing here under a picture of a man with a hard on stroking himself... I think I'm secure enough to order a Shirley Temple...." We chatted for a little bit about the Harford and the 500 jobs it plans to cut in the next few months... Making me so happy I jumped the sinking ship.
There really isn't much to tell about the club itself save for the music. What the fuck is with the crazy club music that is pseudo rigged to sound like goth/trance music? I was tempted to run to my car and get some real goth music like The Last Dance, Bella Morte, The Cruxshadows and Eisbreisher (although they are more industrial).

My friend Peter pointed out before he left, that we were indeed the "ElderGoths" When the hell did that happen?

At about 12:30 Bullets wanted to take off, and I suggested that we hang around for a while to see where the night took us. He kept coming back from smoke breaks talking about how his buddy Ed would love the "latina" club on the first floor. Only at the end of the night did I clue him in that the club downstairs was actually a gay bar... I suggested he bring his buddy Ed... Oh how fucking funny that would have been had I not clued him in!

Before we bolted for the night, Bullets asked me to hold his beer so he could have a smoke. I was wearing my clunky boots so I decided to sit down. A few minutes later, this guy came over and asked if he could massage my feet. *Shrug* What the hell?

So I pulled off my boots and handed him one foot at a time. We chatted for a little bit and he said he was looking for a lover. Uh, no thanks. Not my thing. Not in that aspect. I'm happy being single and if I wanted a steady piece of ass, well I won't get into that right now. Back to Friday night.

I'm sitting on the chair having my foot massaged one at a time when Bullets walks back in and looks at me. His look was of total WHAT.THE.FUCK? It was priceless. I handed him back his beer and he turned around. I have no idea what he was looking at... but I was having a good time.

I told the guy giving me a foot massage that I'd give him my number, and I had planned on giving him a fake number... Yes, the foot massage was nice, however, he was NOT attractive in the least, but it was a free foot massage and it gave the guy pleasure as well, so it was a win-win. When the guy went to find a pen, Bullets wanted to take off, which I can't say I minded. The guy who was massaging my feet had planted himself on a chair at the bar and was happily talking with people. I guess getting my phone number was not the first thing on his mind... Then again, he did ask me to come home with him and I turned him down, perhaps he knew I was going to blow him off.

I do know one thing though- thank god for being Sober Cab. It makes the escape so much easier...

-MetalRose

1 comment:

David said...

Yes, but being Drunk Participant makes shitty goth-techno far more tolerable. It's 4am. I am still working.

verification word: "fectzing"

is that what the kids are calling it these days?