8.15.2008

Thrifty

I'm so tired. Once I get on a roll, I don't stop. My recent thing is sewing, hand sewing. I bought a book a while back, 101 things to do with a T-Shirt.

A couple of days ago, I was out at the local Crap-Store (Target, Walmart, KMart, whatever) to pick up some travel items for my work trip to Spokane this coming week. I saw a shirt that I really liked the style of, but didn't want to purchase it. Besides it gave me a creative idea and I wanted to do some modifications to it. I bought a couple of black shirts and decided to construct it myself.

Good idea in theory.

I got home, pulled the sleeves off the one, then made a hood out of another shirt, and from a 3rd shirt made long sleeves. Then started to hand sew everything together. While I do have a sewing machine. I figured I'd have better control of the seams if I did it by hand. While I do, I became so involved with it, I've been up to 3 am every night working on this shirt. The shirt is sewn together now, but it's time for the embellishements.

I woke up yesterday with a massive ach in my arm from all the stretching and movement I've been doing of it. Seriously. Hand sewing is hard work!

In other news:

Got my plane ticket to Atlanta today, $167 round trip from Hartford! Last time I checked flights they were around $700! Good deal for me.

I'm getting excited for ProgPower...

With that, I need to get cleaning and get packed and get some sleep. If I could ONLY keep away from my needle and thread.

I wonder if they'll let me take them on the plane...

-Metal

No comments: